Tag Archives: WIPW

WIPW: Bedroom Blues (on top of primer)

One of my many Spring Break objectives is to get started on redoing the bedroom.  Last week we bought our new furniture and some paint.  This week I’m trying to get as much done as possible while still working on lesson plans and getting other things done as well.  After painting on Saturday with Kim and then painting over rejected shades of blue on Monday, I worked a chunk of today to get painting.  Here’s a tiny glimpse of 1 1/3 buckets of primer on the wall.

Swatch wall!

Look at Cindy! Awww

Tonight Kim and I were able to encircle the room in primer.  I’ll be working on the ceiling for the time being, and hopefully slapping some more blue on the wall soon.  We’ll see how this progresses.  Check in next week and we’ll see how much I’ve been able to do!

WIP Wednesday: Wedding Edition

Thanks to our wedding, I’m bringing back my one-post-long Work in Progress Wednesday series!  For the past few weeks Kim and I have been working on our centerpieces for the wedding on-and-off.  The goal is small collections of vases on every table, with some sparse stems of flowers in each.  We bought a plethora of clear vases and candle holders at various Goodwills and have been spray painting them white.  We’re excited to see how they come together.  It’s been fun being slightly crafty, and not so fun to see a handful of vases get all crackly and messed up.  All in all it’s been good though.  Tonight we’re putting the finishing touches on a few before our florist swings by to pick them up.   Regardless, we’ve got a garage covered in vases and spray paint, and the florist will be working with them to ensure that it’s all pretty!

A number of vases drying

These are just some of the finished ones

Misfit vases.

WIP Wednesday: Bedroom Blues

So, I’m hopping on the bandwagon.  Don’t know if I will keep it up, but this is my first Work in Progress Wednesday update.  Topic: the second bedroom.  Ever since we moved, it was the mess that loomed down the hall, and on Sunday I resolved that every day this week I would spend some time unpacking in there.  So, this is a half-way point for my progress with the room.  I didn’t get pictures of pre-Sunday, but I updated each night after organizing.  I don’t expect to get all of it unpacked in one week, but I hope to make quite a dent in it in these seven days.

Sunday, I started by unpacking my Invisible Children and IRIN media and taking out our yearbooks.  I put the bookcases together and unpacked quite a few boxes of books.  The room, after day one of resolved unpacking, looked thus:

WIPW Room1

Monday was a short day for me.  I put up all of my collection books (like LIFE photo books and such) and my World War II books.  One little thing about my WWII books.  For probably the past 6 years or so, I have set little toy army men all over the shelf that has these books.  Green versus Brown.  So, I got distracted and spent the rest of my clean-up time setting the field.

WPIP Room2

Yesterday’s unpacking actually seemed a little bit more productive.  I emptied all of my books onto the bookcases and even got rid of some extra stuff.  With some floorspace opened up, I moved some things around to make it more roomy.

WIPW Room 3

So, still a lot of work to do.  It truly is a work in progress, but – with a little hope and a lot of motivation – it will shape up by week’s end.  I have every intention of having a work-still-in-progress-but-my-resolution-was-successful post on Saturday or Sunday.  The boxes need to go.  The CDs need to be put away.  Christmas decorations need to be packed up.  Filing cabinet needs some sorting.  And that really does put a dent in the unpacking that we still have to do.  Here’s to the last half of this resolution and to my first work in progress!